FREE Auto- Cloud Back Up on Your iPhone, iPad
As always, I promise these steps are super quick and easy.. and incredibly functional as well! After following these few simple steps, your photos will auto-back up into the google + cloud. What this means is if your device gets run over by a car, your photos will all be saved, for FREE! Educationally, this means you have quick, easy access to photos your students take with their iPad for computer-based projects. (Tweet me if you’d like more ideas on this)
1. Go to https://plus.google.com
2. Sign in with your gmail, yahoo, or google account and upgrade to a Google + account (it’s free!)
3. Now, download the Google + app on your device (iPhone, iPad) - It’s available for free in the app store when you search for google plus
4. Open the app. Push “get started”
5. Now you can add your google + account that you want to use for auto back up.
6. Make sure the box that says back up existing photos and videos is checked, then select turn on auto back up.
If you already have the google + app and want to do an auto back up follow these directions:
1. Select the = on the upper left hand side of the screen (the app should be open, and you should be signed into your account)
2. Select the gear shifter button on the top right hand side to view your settings.
3. Select camera and photos.
4. Make sure Auto Backup is on.
Now you can view your photos by accessing your Google + account via the Internet.
Access your google plus account (if you aren't sure how to do this just google Google plus)
Click on the small square of 9 squares.
Click on Google +
On the left hand side scroll over where the page says home and some options will appear, click on photos.
Now you can download/organize your photos.